Creeping towards 30

Shit. Just a few more months to hit 30!! I am having a mid life crisis here. What am I doing here on earth? What significant things have I done so far?? What does my future hold for me???

Much older people are totally going to use my age against me and "brag" about how they already had three kids when they were my age. Ugghh. Maybe it would come as a shock to them but my lifes aim is not to have kids. I am completely against the idea of producing kids just for recreational purposes. Don't we already have enough humans crawling on our planet?

What do other sane folks do when they turn 30? Go on a world trip, do adrenaline pumping adventure sports, take a sabbatical to write a novel or pretty much do anything they damn please. I guess a lot of it is to celebrate their life so far, be reckless and carefree again and just be that same old crazy-at-heart soul.

And then there are those who worry so much about the present and the future that they forget to live. Or be obsessed of earning enough to spend after retirement or on their children. That I think is the most ridiculous thing about me. Yes me.. minus the spending on children part. I'm afraid that when I am 30, I wouldn't have anything to be proud of or to reflect back and say yayyy I did what I have always wanted to do.

Do I smell a resolution here? With just a few months left to hit that curvy number, I have to really get my act together and steel my mind to kick some awesomeness butt.
What did you do or will do when you hit 30? Leave your answers in the comments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell thee

The Indian Wave...

All the things I want to be